Casio MG-500 2nd toggle switch next to Humbucking/Single switch
David Messenger
2014-05-06 03:45:50 UTC
Cool, does it look factory inside?

D.
It's a coil tap and works very well in changing from jangly Strat to
beefy humbuckler. There is also a slight boost in volume so it can
work as a solo switch on a clean, slightly crunchy sound.
David
Yah, doubtful there would be a Coil tap on a factory Casio mag PU.
It's probably only a 2 wire PU.
D.
Could be a Coil tap or Phase switch...
Yeah, phase switch is my guess . . . I'll find out tomorrow when the
one I bought arrives!!! The seller said nothing about a mod, but I
noticed while inspecting the photos this eve that it certainly has a
second toggle there.
David Griffin

Brian Brockie

Pablo Morán
2014-05-06 18:15:45 UTC
The microswitch betwen the volume and tone control is to conmuting
humbucking/single coil treble pickup. May be the 2nd toggle switch of
the feed is a handmade for other humbucking/single coil or for another
question. But I think this is not a standard. The Casio MG500 and 510
use one switch only for the treble pickup. The central pickup and the
rythm pickup are always single coil. My guitar is a Casio MG 510, only
different to MG 500 in the stratocaster form of body of the 510 , versus
the form of firebird of the 500. Greetings and good music.